https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/havarti-rueben-casserole.jpg 731 1300 Ellsworth https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ec-logo3.png Ellsworth2017-05-15 19:15:522023-12-07 15:53:47Hearty Havarti Reuben Potato Casserole
Recipe courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese
Hearty Havarti Reuben Potato Casserole
Everything you love about a Rueben sandwich in a one casserole dish. Now that's convenient!
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (22-ounce frozen package) firmly-packed
- 0.6666666667 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 0.75 cup (6 ounces) Blaser's sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 count can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 package (5 ounces) sliced corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup (about 2 medium) tomatoes, chopped, seeded
- 2 cups Blaser's havarti cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions, using milk and sour cream, adding additional milk, if necessary, until potatoes are consistency of mashed potatoes. Stir in caraway seed, cheddar and sauerkraut. Mix well.
- Spray 2-quart microwave-safe casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon half of potato mixture into dish. Top with corned beef, chopped tomato and havarti. Top with remaining potato mixture. Cover.
- Microwave on high for 14-18 minutes or until casserole is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. (Conventional oven: 350°F for 45 minutes.) Sprinkle with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!