The cheese combination of Colby and Monterey Jack is often times referred to as Colby-Jack or Cojack. At Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery, our blend of these two popular cheeses is a bit different than the rest. Our cheesemakers have tested this blend in many proportions before finally settling on just the right balance… mild in flavor, creamy in texture, supreme meltability, and beautiful appearance. This proprietary cheese just needed a special name. It came to be called Montico.
The contrast of the orange and yellow makes this cheese particularly eye appealing. It will stand out on any cheese and deli tray. But don't limit this versatile cheese to the first course alone. Try experiencing our Ellsworth Montico in these creative ways
– The perfect topper to your favorite soup. Chili, potato and tomato all taste better with a bit of Montico melted on it!
– Top your grilled burger or chicken breast with a thick slice of Montico for a fun change of pace. Don’t forget the bacon, ham, BBQ sauce or Chipolte Mayo!
– Creating the perfect cheese sauce is as simple as whisking grated Montico into a small amount of hot heavy cream until smooth. Add a bit of garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to taste. Pour over steamed broccoli, cauliflower or green beans. Delicious and oh so easy!
– It has excellent melting capabilities making Montico the perfect choice for casseroles, mac and cheese, cheese fries, baked potatoes, quesadillas and nachos, too!
– Cheese bread. ‘Nuff said.