https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/IMG_7795-scaled.jpg 1440 2560 Ellsworth https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ec-logo3.png Ellsworth2022-02-06 08:03:292023-12-07 15:24:39BBQ Chicken Dip
Adapted from a recipe by The Forked Spoon.
BBQ Chicken Dip
This one is sure to please! Shredded chicken, sweet and tangy BBQ sauce, creamy ranch, and loads of melty cheese!
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup red onions (chopped)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese (room temperature)
- ¾ cup Ranch dressing
- 1 ¼ cup BBQ Sauce (plus more for drizzling)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 cup green onions (chopped)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels (drained)
- 1 cup Ellsworth Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded, plus more for topping)
- 1/2 cup Ellsworth Muenster Cheese (shredded, plus more for topping)
- 1/2 cup Ellsworth Garlic Cheese Curds (chopped)
- Cook your chicken breast using the desired method. Once cool enough to handle, shred using two forks.
- Caramelize the onions. As the chicken cooks, prepare the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a medium-to-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the onions and continue to cook until brown and caramelized. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients (softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, garlic, red bell pepper, green onion, cheeses, corn, caramelized onions, and the chicken). Mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet (or baking dish). Drizzle the top with additional BBQ sauce and sprinkle with a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and cheese is golden and melted.
- Drizzle with additional BBQ sauce, if desired, and serve with your favorite crackers and chips! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!