https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Ultimate-Grilled-Cheese-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Ellsworth https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ec-logo3.png Ellsworth2017-04-26 16:01:252023-12-07 16:04:32Ultimate Grilled Cheese
You can add any additional ingredients if desired, such as tomatoes, bacon, or onions. Or you may choose to keep it more traditional which highlights the flavor and texture of the cheese. You can also experiment with different cheese combinations.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese
Rich melted cheese between golden cheese toasted bread.
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- 1 oz. cheese curd crumbles
- 1 tbsp butter - unsalted
- 0.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 oz. sharp cheddar - slice thin
- 1 oz. gouda - slice thin
- 1 oz. pepper jack - slice thin
- Preheat 10” cast iron skillet or nice heavy bottom sauté pan over medium heat. Melt butter in pan and toast both slices of bread on one side. Remove bread from pan.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil in pan and place an even layer of cheese curd crumbles on bottom of pan. Return pan to heat and place bread toasted side down directly on top of cheese curd crumbles in an open-faced style.
- Place sliced cheese on top of bread to cover evenly.
- Cook over medium heat. Cheese curd crumbles will start to form a golden brown crust on bread as sliced cheese begins to melt.
- Once the sliced cheese is melted and crust is golden brown you sandwich slices together and remove from pan. Place on a cutting board to let rest before slicing in half. This will help to prevent excess cheese from oozing out.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!