https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Summer-Salad-web.jpg 752 1000 Ellsworth https://www.ellsworthcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/ec-logo3.png Ellsworth2017-07-03 16:06:462023-12-07 15:51:31Summer Berry Salad with Ellsworth Cheese Curd Crumbles
Refrigerate any left over vinaigrette in an airtight container. Will keep for 30 days.
Summer Berry Salad with Ellsworth Cheese Curd Crumbles
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 0.5 cup water
- 0.25 cup honey
- 0.25 cup pure maple syrup (brown sugar can be substituted)
- 0.25 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 0.75 cup sunflower seed oil or salad oil of choice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 4 oz. Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery cheese curd crumbles
- 6 oz. salad greens - washed and dried
- shelled sunflower seeds to garnish
- To prepare vinaigrette remove outer skin, fibers from rhubarb and rough chop into 1/2 inch pieces. Place rhubarb in a sauce pot and simmer and simmer over medium heat until rhubarb is soft and liquid is reduced to a glaze.
- Let rhubarb cool and transfer to a blender. Add vinegar and slowly pour in oil to emulsify. Blend until smooth. Add a pinch of salt to season and taste. If to sweet add more vinegar and if to sour add more sweetener to suit your palate.
- To plate salad place greens in salad bowl and toss with just enough vinaigrette to lightly coat greens. Mix in berries and top with cheese curd crumble and toasted sunflower seeds (optional).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!